Well over 100 cars have raised funds (a minimum of $8,500 for each car) for Variety, the Children’s Charity, and we’re just making last-minute adjustments to our cars in readiness for the trip.
Here’s where we’re going:
- Day 1: Aug 19: Starting in Balmain, going to Narrabrivia Merriwa.
- Day 2: Aug 20: via Mungindi to Goondiwindi, Qld.
- Day 3: Aug 21: via Surat to Roma.
- Day 4: Aug 22: via Arcadia Valley to Emerald.
- Day 5: Aug 23: to Charters Towers.
- Day 6: Aug 24: to Cairns.
- Day 7: Aug 25: going to Kurandafor the day, then back to Cairns.
- Day 8: Aug 26: via Laura to Archer River Roadhouse(camping out there).
- Day 9: Aug 27: via Bramwell Station to Bamaga.
- Day 10: Aug 28: going over to Thursday Island for the day, then back to Bamaga.
For more details see the Route on the web site.
While the drive is fun, the reason we go on the Bash is FOR THE KIDS! Last year’s Bash raised $1.863 million for Variety, the Children’s Charity, with that money going to things such as:
- Sunshine Coaches, to help schools and support organizations help kids who have previously not been able to get “out and about” in their community.
- Liberty Swings, giving children in wheelchairs the chance to swing and laugh.
- Wheelchairsfor special needs children.
- Equipment such as iPads and computers to help transform the education of kids with special needs, such as autism.
- Specialized medical equipment and services for children’s health services including hospitals.
Won’t you help us help the kids by donating online? It’s tax deductible (in Australia).