Here’s a mashup of some video clips and photos of the Angels in Car 999A on the 2011 NSW Variety Bash:
The Bash went from Baulkham Hills, NSW, to Broome, WA, from August 6 to 17, 2011. (Some of the clips and photos come from Zoom Productions, and some are ours.)
There’s fun along the way, but the purpose of the trip is to raise funds for Variety, the Children’s Charity, to help children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to live, laugh and learn.
Not long until we head off on the Bash again.
Help us help those kids by donating to Variety, the Children’s Charity.
Variety, the Children’s Charity, in NSW, Australia, has just had their AGM, releasing these statistics for the year 2011:
As another year wraps up we must say a big thank you to all Variety’s supporters! We have had a busy year with some fantastic events, partnerships and volunteer support which allowed us to grant $2.24 Million on appeals in 2011 and enrich the lives of over 18,000 children.
With thanks to your support we have been able to achieve big things this year…
- Over $2.1M used to purchase 38 Sunshine Coaches for schools and support organisations, bringing sunshine into the lives of many children who through either disadvantaged circumstances or health issues would have previously not been able to get “out and about” in their community.
- 34 Walkers and Standers given to help children get out of their wheelchairs, to interact with siblings and friends, take part in fun activities and learn to move about.
- $253,029 used to purchase 46 Wheelchairs for special needs children across Australia.
- $519,671 spent on Liberty Swings now installed in 20 more locations across Australia, giving children in wheelchairs the chance to swing and laugh.
- Over 1,200 Bikes given to children across Australia – the joy of your first bike… priceless!
and so much more… THANK YOU!
Any donation, big or small, helps toward these wonderful kids. You can donate online.
Download the 2011 NSW Variety Bash brochure (as a PDF) for the full, official, details about this year’s Bash.
We now have a page set up to make it easy to donate towards Variety: Donate now.
Just as a reminder, Variety, the Children’s Charity is a a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to transforming the lives of children in need. Variety’s vision is for all children to attain their full potential; regardless of ability or background – and our mission is to enrich, improve, and transform the lives of seriously ill, disadvantaged and special needs children. We do this through our four umbrella programs:
- Variety Freedom Program: the gift of INDEPENDENCE & SELF ESTEEM – assisting with mobility and communication through Liberty Swings, Sunshine Coaches, vehicle modifications, communication aides, walk and stand equipment.
- Variety Caring For Kids Program: the gift of SUPPORT – to hospitals, health services, intensive care units, new born and children’s emergency transport ambulances.
- Variety Future Kids Program: the gift of EDUCATION & ACHIEVEMENT – helping kids with disabilities or from disadvantaged backgrounds to fulfil their academic, sports, or arts potential with equipment, tuition and other practical support.
- Variety @ Work: the gift of JOY – providing children with an opportunity to be a part of activities and events that due to disability or financial hardship they would otherwise not experience.
It’s a great cause, with more than a million dollars’ worth of benefits being distributed in Australia each year. Every little, or big, bit helps towards that. Donate now.
Update: the link above was for the 2011 NSW Variety Bash. The donations link for the 2012 NSW Variety Bash is: http://2012nswbalmaintobamaga.gofundraise.com.au/page/Angels