Angels Ian and Paula are offering 2kg boxes of cherries for $22.
Angels Paula and Ian are flying again on the 2013 NSW Variety Bash, which goes from Bankstown to Ballarat, via Birdsville!
To raise funds for Variety, the Children’s Charity, they are offering some luscious cherries direct from the cherry farm.
The 2kg box of cherries are $22. Ian will deliver the cherries to your place / business between December 14-16, 2012. To minimize the number of stops needed for the deliveries, there is a minimum order of 5 boxes per delivery. If you only want one box, then please organize a few other people to go in with you for the delivery.
The deadline for orders is December 7, 2012.
For orders, please contact Ian or Sharon Banks:
We have come to the end of another fabulous Bash, from Balmain, NSW, to Bamaga, in the northernmost tip of Cape York, Queensland. We travelled over 4,200 kms on the Bash, over many rough roads, especially all of the corrugated ones on the Cape, and over 5,600 kms by the time we returned to Cairns.
We now have lots of memories of adventures, seeing more of this wide brown land (and blue blue seas), getting to know more of the generous and fun people who Bash to raise funds for Variety, and then seeing some of the results of that fundraising, with kids over NSW and Queensland benefitting from the Bash and the funds raised. Thank you to all the Bashers and the Bash Officials for making it all what it is. So many are deserving of huge thanks, including the Mobile Workshops and all of those individuals who helped us all keep on keeping on. What an amazing time we had.
Here’s the map of where we went: (click on the map to see a larger, interactive version).
We plan to keep a few places on the web updated during the 2012 NSW Variety Bash, but most of that will depend on internet connectivity and reliability of technology! Here are the places which will be updated:
- We plan to update our Facebook page with quick status updates. You’ll also be able to see that in the right column of the web site.
- Those same updates will also go to Twitter. You will also see those Tweets on the right side of the web site.
- Photos will occasionally go to those places and to Flickr (which will also be seen on the right side of the web site).
So, you have choices! See everything on Facebook, or on Twitter or on the web site.
Sure, the Variety Bash is a fun drive, with a bunch of great people, but the reason for it all is for the kids who need a bit more help to live, laugh and learn.
Tricycle gift in Blackall, Qld
Every month Variety Australia distributes $1 million in benefits to children, for things such as special wheelchairs and play equipment, prosthetic limbs, Sunshine coaches to help kids with special needs get out in the sun, to children’s hospitals and so on. The money raised through the Variety Bash helps make all of that happen.
Angels after crossing the Pentecost River
The Angels in Car 999A invite you to help these kids by donating online(it’s tax deductible, too!)
The last year has flown by, and the Angels are about to head off in one month on the 2012 NSW Variety Bash, from Balmain, NSW, to Bamaga, at the very tip of Cape York in Queensland.
Well over 100 cars have raised funds (a minimum of $8,500 for each car) for Variety, the Children’s Charity, and we’re just making last-minute adjustments to our cars in readiness for the trip.
Here’s where we’re going:
- Day 1: Aug 19: Starting in Balmain, going to Narrabrivia Merriwa.
- Day 2: Aug 20: via Mungindi to Goondiwindi, Qld.
- Day 3: Aug 21: via Surat to Roma.
- Day 4: Aug 22: via Arcadia Valley to Emerald.
- Day 5: Aug 23: to Charters Towers.
- Day 6: Aug 24: to Cairns.
- Day 7: Aug 25: going to Kurandafor the day, then back to Cairns.
- Day 8: Aug 26: via Laura to Archer River Roadhouse(camping out there).
- Day 9: Aug 27: via Bramwell Station to Bamaga.
- Day 10: Aug 28: going over to Thursday Island for the day, then back to Bamaga.
For more details see the Route on the web site.
While the drive is fun, the reason we go on the Bash is FOR THE KIDS! Last year’s Bash raised $1.863 million for Variety, the Children’s Charity, with that money going to things such as:
- Sunshine Coaches, to help schools and support organizations help kids who have previously not been able to get “out and about” in their community.
- Liberty Swings, giving children in wheelchairs the chance to swing and laugh.
- Wheelchairsfor special needs children.
- Equipment such as iPads and computers to help transform the education of kids with special needs, such as autism.
- Specialized medical equipment and services for children’s health services including hospitals.
Won’t you help us help the kids by donating online? It’s tax deductible (in Australia).
A story on A Current Affair of how an iPad is helping kids with autism, funded by Variety:
Here’s a mashup of some video clips and photos of the Angels in Car 999A on the 2011 NSW Variety Bash:
The Bash went from Baulkham Hills, NSW, to Broome, WA, from August 6 to 17, 2011. (Some of the clips and photos come from Zoom Productions, and some are ours.)
There’s fun along the way, but the purpose of the trip is to raise funds for Variety, the Children’s Charity, to help children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to live, laugh and learn.
Not long until we head off on the Bash again.
Help us help those kids by donating to Variety, the Children’s Charity.
How time flies! It’s only 5 months now until we go on the 2012 NSW Variety Bash.
The Bash is fun, but the reason why we do it is FOR THE KIDS!
Each car raises a minimum of $8,500 for Variety, the Children’s Charity. The money raised goes to medical equipment, Liberty Swings (swings for kids in wheelchairs), Sunshine Coaches (buses to help schools and organizations get kids out into the community), educational supplies, and just whatever else is needed for these kids with special needs.
Would you please help us raise funds for these kids by donating? Any amount, big or small, helps towards giving these kids a better life.
Thank you so much!
Variety, the Children’s Charity, in NSW, Australia, has just had their AGM, releasing these statistics for the year 2011:
As another year wraps up we must say a big thank you to all Variety’s supporters! We have had a busy year with some fantastic events, partnerships and volunteer support which allowed us to grant $2.24 Million on appeals in 2011 and enrich the lives of over 18,000 children.
With thanks to your support we have been able to achieve big things this year…
- Over $2.1M used to purchase 38 Sunshine Coaches for schools and support organisations, bringing sunshine into the lives of many children who through either disadvantaged circumstances or health issues would have previously not been able to get “out and about” in their community.
- 34 Walkers and Standers given to help children get out of their wheelchairs, to interact with siblings and friends, take part in fun activities and learn to move about.
- $253,029 used to purchase 46 Wheelchairs for special needs children across Australia.
- $519,671 spent on Liberty Swings now installed in 20 more locations across Australia, giving children in wheelchairs the chance to swing and laugh.
- Over 1,200 Bikes given to children across Australia – the joy of your first bike… priceless!
and so much more… THANK YOU!
Any donation, big or small, helps toward these wonderful kids. You can donate online.
Variety have posted a video with Stuart Telfer, Bash Director, giving a preview of what we can expect to see on the Cape York part of the 2012 Bash: