Variety, the Children’s Charity, in NSW, Australia, has just had their AGM, releasing these statistics for the year 2011:
As another year wraps up we must say a big thank you to all Variety’s supporters! We have had a busy year with some fantastic events, partnerships and volunteer support which allowed us to grant $2.24 Million on appeals in 2011 and enrich the lives of over 18,000 children.
With thanks to your support we have been able to achieve big things this year…
- Over $2.1M used to purchase 38 Sunshine Coaches for schools and support organisations, bringing sunshine into the lives of many children who through either disadvantaged circumstances or health issues would have previously not been able to get “out and about” in their community.
- 34 Walkers and Standers given to help children get out of their wheelchairs, to interact with siblings and friends, take part in fun activities and learn to move about.
- $253,029 used to purchase 46 Wheelchairs for special needs children across Australia.
- $519,671 spent on Liberty Swings now installed in 20 more locations across Australia, giving children in wheelchairs the chance to swing and laugh.
- Over 1,200 Bikes given to children across Australia – the joy of your first bike… priceless!
and so much more… THANK YOU!
Any donation, big or small, helps toward these wonderful kids. You can donate online.